Family Care Coordinator
How McKinlay’s Family Care Coordinator can assist in difficult times?
The days following a funeral can be filled with sadness and exhaustion and yet you are faced with a multitude of important tasks that must be dealt with. This is where McKinlay’s Family Care Coordinator can help.
A unique service from McKinlay Funeral Home, our Family Care Coordinator will help you take care of critical tasks that, if postponed or not completed, could impact your financial well-being.
- Canada Pension Plan & Old Age Security – complete applications for lump sum death benefit and income continuance
- Government Requirements – arrange for notifications and return of ID cards
- Life Insurance –claims processed and beneficiaries updated on existing policies
- Health Insurance Benefits – determine continuation of benefits
- Retirement & Pensions – apply for survivor benefits (private, provincial, federal)
- Credit Cards – resolve accounts and provide helpful information on cancellations
- Financial Institutions & Lawyers – make the necessary contacts and notifications
- Title Transfers – start the process for property, vehicle, boat transfers, etc.
- Survivor Funeral Planning – discuss what steps could be taken
- Other Helpful Assistance – provided on an individual basis
You can request assistance from the Family Care Coordinator through your funeral director.